Arts Summer Research Projects
Earn money working with leading academics and developing your research skills. Applications for 2022/23 summer are now open.
The Arts Summer Research Scholarship programme offers students the opportunity to work with University of Auckland academics and assist them with a specfic project.
The projects provide valuable research experience, enhance your career opportunities and help you think about pursuing postgraduate study.
How does it work?
- Conduct a research project under supervision for 10 weeks over the summer months.
- Receive a tax-free stipend of $6,750.
- Open to high-achieving domestic and international students who will have completed at least two years of equivalent full-time study in an undergraduate degree by December 2022
- There are a range of projects you can apply for across languages, politics, history, media and more.
Am I eligible?
If you meet the below criteria, you may be eligible.
- You have completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree and are either:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree at a New Zealand university at the time you apply for the scholarship
- Or enrolled in a postgraduate bachelor (honours) or postgraduate diploma programme (some faculties) at a New Zealand university at the time you apply for the scholarship
- Or enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an international institution in 2022.
- You have a scholarship GPA/GPE of 6.00 or above (or 5.50 for Māori or Pacific students).
- You haven’t started a masters, doctoral, or taught postgraduate programme (some taught programmes are permitted: check the regulations), or be completing a dissertation or thesis on an extension
Hear from an Arts Summer Scholar
Bethany shares her experiences about working on a Summer Research Project.
Hear from Academics about the Arts Summer Research Scholarship
Some of our supervisors share their perspective on the Summer Research Programme.