Rainbow Engineering Network
The Faculty of Engineering Rainbow Network aims to provide support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex students and staff.
The University of Auckland’s Equity Policy, which includes (LGBTI) students and staff as an equity group, forms part of our commitment to supporting all those with the potential to succeed at New Zealand's leading university.
Our University offers a range of initiatives aimed at providing support for LGBTI students and staff, and is committed to providing an inclusive study and work environment that removes unnecessary, unlawful and unfair barriers.
Within our faculty, the Rainbow Engineering Network provides:
- Opportunities to meet and connect with fellow LGBTI students and staff, along with their friends
- Information about services, news and events
- A voice for LGBTI students and staff in Engineering
Auckland Pride Festival
The University of Auckland and Faculty of Engineering are supporting the 2018 Auckland Pride Festival. These are public events and students and staff members are invited. Family and friends are most welcome. Major events include:
- Big Gay Out - Coyle Park, Sunday 10 February, 12pm – 7pm
- Pride Parade - Ponsonby Road, Saturday 16 February, 7:30pm
- Theme: Rainbow Connections: Full Colour, Full Stream
Meet and Greet
Wednesday, 6 March 2019
12-1pm, Leech Meeting Room
A kick-off/welcome event. This is an opportunity to meet new and existing Rainbow Engineering members
Fortnightly casual catch-ups
Leech Meeting Room
These meetings provide an opportunity for you to to meet informally with Rainbow Engineering members. We often discuss LGBTI issues in the faculty, and provide a safe space for you to socialise.
- Thursday, 21 March. 1pm – 2pm
- Thursday, 4 April. 2pm – 3pm
- Wednesday, 1 May. 12pm – 1pm
- Monday, 13 May. 1pm – 2pm
- Friday, 31 May. 12pm – 1pm
- Wednesday, 24 July. 12pm – 1pm
- Friday, 9 August. 1pm – 2pm
- Monday, 19 August. 2pm – 3pm
- Thursday, 19 September. 1pm – 2pm
- Monday, 30 September. 2 – 3pm
- Wednesday, 23 October. 1pm – 2pm
If you would like to join the Engineering Rainbow Network or have queries, please contact Alcione Fagundes.