Our course advisers are available to guide you in making the best decisions for your programme of study.
If you’re unsure of who to approach, the Engineering Student Centre is your first point of contact for all enquiries. You may also contact them via email to be redirected to the appropriate adviser.
Dr Michael Hodgson
The Associate Dean - Undergraduate provides academic oversight for your BE(Hons) admissions and specialisations. Contact your specialisation's course adviser(s) for any specific information.
For matters on the development and oversight of policies and procedures for our graduate programmes, email our Postgraduate Deans.
Associate Dean - Postgraduate Research
Dr Richard Clarke
Associate Dean - Postgraduate Taught
Dr Gary Miller
Undergraduate course advisers
Civil and Structural Engineering
Direct entry enquiries (BSc, NZCE, DipEng): Dr Tam Larkin
Part II: Dr Febelyn Reguyal
Part II/III and Part III: Dr Lucas Hogan
Part III/IV and Part IV: Dr Gary Raftery
Conjoint and Exchange Students: Dr Minh Kieu
Computer Systems Engineering
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Postgraduate programme advisers
To get advice on course offerings, research projects and potential supervisors, contact a programme advisor.
Chemical and Materials Engineering
Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Research programmes: Dr Sandeeka Mannakkara and Dr James Lim
- Master of Engineering Studies (Civil): Bevan Clement
- Construction Management: Dr Yang Zou
- Earthquake Engineering (taught and research programmes): Dr Max Stephens
- Master of Disaster Management: Dr Alice Chang-Richards
- Master of Engineering Management: Dr Garry Miller
- Master of Engineering Project Management: Dr Mohammed Adel Abdelmegid
- Environmental Engineering: Associate Professor Ajit Sarmah
- Geotechnical Engineering: Dr Andrew Brown
- Transportation Engineering: Bevan Clement
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering: Dr Avinash Malik
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering: Dr Dariusz Kacprzak
- Software Engineering: Dr Nasser Giacaman
- Master of Engineering and Master of Engineering Studies: Associate Professor Justin Fernandez
- Operations Research: Dr Andreas Kempa-Liehr
- Energy: Professor Rosalind Archer
- PGCertGeothermTech: Dr Sadiq Zarrouk