New Zealand Early Career Urban Research Network (NZECURN)
NZECURN is the New Zealand branch of the Australasian Early Career Urban Research Network (AECURN). The network was established during the State of Australian Cities Symposium (SOAC) in December 2013 to create a supportive and productive environment for early career researchers (including lecturers, Post-Docs and PhD candidates) undertaking urban research in Australian and New Zealand contexts.
We work to facilitate a productive and supportive environment for PhD candidates and Early Career Researchers (ECR); connections to, and participation of, PhD candidates and ECRs in other research networks around the world.
- To provide a forum for networking and sharing academic expertise and resources
- To facilitate communication amongst PhD candidates and early career researchers who have an interest in urban issues
- To offer a platform for members to organise research training workshops, seminars, guest lectures, etc. to occur nationally, regionally or city-wide
- To encourage members to participate in academic events, particularly conferences and PhD workshops, and publication in urban studies related journals
- To establish links with other young academic networks internationally
- To offer a platform for members to discuss urban research issues
- To organise events with professionals, academics and researchers to assist early career researchers