Coastal and marine science
Some of our research staff are part of this collaborative effort between the University and the National Institute of Water and Atmosphere (NIWA).
New Zealand's geographical makeup means that our coasts and marine environments are essential to our economy, recreation and heritage. Our community of researchers span across a range of related areas, from computational modelling to studies of flow structures and geotechnical properties. They also contribute to the Graduate School in Coastal and Marine Science, which provides postgraduate research opportunities across a range of coastal and marine topics alongside New Zealand’s leading scientists.
- Dr Adrian Croucher, Engineering Science
- Dr John Cater, Engineering Science
- Dr Heide Friedrich, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Associate Professor Rolando Orense, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Associate Professor Ashton Partridge, Chemical and Materials Engineering