What's next now that you're ready to publish your research?
Academic publishing can be a challenging environment, especially for early career researchers. Our faculty has compiled the necessary information to help navigate the challenges as you become ready to get your research published.
Where to publish
- Publishing guidance from the RSNZ
- RSNZ's guide to selecting a quality publisher and avoiding predatory publishers
- RSNZ's guide to choosing a quality journal
- Getting published: Choosing a journal
- The University of Auckland's guide to finding Open Access (OA) content
- The University of Auckland's guide to copyright
Guarding against predatory journals and conferences
- The University of Cambridge's guide to predatory publishers
- The University of British Columbia's workshop on publishing a journal article
- The University of Melbourne's guide to avoiding deceptive, unethical, predatory and vanity publishing
- Enago's guide to identifying and avoiding predatory conferences
Faculty of Engineering seminars
Our faculty occassionally host seminars – with guest speakers from academia, research publishing and beyond – targeted at early career researchers and publicising their work. Keep an eye on your University email for more information on any upcoming presentations.