Disaster Simulation Laboratory
An e-learning platform that simulates work environments in emergency or disaster situations.
The Disaster Simulation Laboratory is a scenario training e-learning platform that simulates the work environment in relation to an incident (emergency or disaster). It allows users to build their own scenarios, and enables computational testing of emergency/disaster response, recovery and reconstruction operations in order to better understand the dynamics and complexities as the event evolves.
The computational platform comprises the following elements:
- Development of an incident (emergency or disaster scenario)
- Development of the organisational and governance plans for managing incident
- Disaster response, recovery and reconstruction plans
- Disaster response, recovery and reconstruction operating procedure development
- Simulation of interdependencies of critical lifelines and infrastructure
- Economic and social impact analysis
- Pre-event disaster mitigation plans
- Lessons learned framework
- Dr Alice Chang-Richards (primary contact)
- Professor Suzanne Wilkinson