Instrument details for Bruker Skyscan 1272 and 1172
Specifications of our MicroCT instruments.
Bruker SkyScan 1272 desktop MicroCT
Installed February 2015
- Microfocus sealed X-ray source 20-100 kV, 10W, <5 µm spot size @4W
- X-Ray detector: 16Mp cooled CCD camera fibre-optically coupled to a scintillator
- Selectable camera pixels: Width 4904, 2452, 1632 or 1240
- Image pixel size at minimum mag is 22µm and maximum mag is 0.35 µm
- Maximum object diameter is 75mm and height of 80mm (requires multiple fields)
- Six position integrated filter changer with the following filters: No filter, Al 0.25mm, Al 0.5mm Al 1mm Al 0.5mm + Cu 0.038mm, Cu 0.11mm
- Micro-positioning stage allows sample centring, 5-7 mm travel
- Radiation safety: < 1 microSv/h at 15 cm from any point of instrument surface
- 1272 can accommodate after hours unattended operation
- 2D and 3D time lapse for dynamic experiments possible.
SkyScan 1172 desktop MicroCT
Refurbished with new camera and X-ray source in 2015
- Microfocus sealed X-ray source 2–100 kV, 10W, <5 µm spot size @ 4W
- X-ray detector: 11Mp cooled CCD fibre-optically coupled to scintillator
- Selectable camera pixels: 4000, 2000 or 1000 (width)
- Image pixel size at minimum mag is 27µm and maximum mag is 0.5µm
- Maximum object diameter is 50mm and height of 75mm
- 3-Position integrated filter changer: no filter, Al 1mm, Al 0.5mm + Cu 0.08 mm
- Radiation safety: < 1 microSv/hr at 15 cm from any point of instrument surface
- Capable of shorter scan times than 1272 and able to scan denser samples
- Extensively used for bone work.
High-end workstation for reconstruction, visualization, and analysis. Allows post processing of large MicroCT datasets in a much shorter time and more efficiently than a desktop computer.
Dell Precision 7910
CPU Xeon E5-2640 at 2.5 Gh, 2x20 cores. 128 Gb ram, NVIDEA Quadro p5000 graphics card with 16Gb on board ram. SSD C drive & 6Tb of data drives. Twin monitors.
NRecon, Data view, CTVox, CTAn and CTVol.
InstaRecon, Amira, Aviso Lite, Image J, Fuji, CS6, Irfanview, Stereo Photo and Movie maker, MeshLab, Slicer.