Marketing, practice and service innovation
This research stream focuses on marketing in the service economy, with emphasis on information and communication technology (ICT) and service innovation and design.
Members of the department participate in two international research programmes:
- Contemporary Marketing Practice
- Marketing in the 21st Century
They have strong international links to the Service Science, Management and Engineering (SSME) initiative, which involves a number of research centres at leading international business schools and industry participants such as IBM, Microsoft and HP.
Research in this area currently includes:
- Marketing in the service economy and service science - How is marketing strategy changing with the increasing importance of service in creating and co-creating value?
- Information and communication technology (ICT) and changing marketing practice - The impacts of ICT-enabled interactivity on marketing practice.
- Marketing science, market measurement and performance - Approaches to measuring performance in the service economy.
- The marketing-entrepreneurship interface - The role of innovation, customer relationships, and customer research in underpinning commercial success.