Aspiration to Business admission scheme (A2B)
If you're entering university for the first time but don’t meet the University of Auckland general selection standards then our A2B scheme might help you achieve your dreams.
To be eligible for the Aspiration to Business admission scheme, you must:
- Be applying to enter a university for the first time
- Meet the minimum requirements for New Zealand university entrance based on performance in NCEA or CIE
- Not meet the general selection standard for the Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Property
- Demonstrate the capability and motivation to undertake study in the Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Property through meeting additional selection criteria
Selection will take into account your academic performance over your best 64 credits in Level 3 NCEA in Economics, Accounting, Statistics and one other approved subject, or in your best 48 credits in Level 3 NCEA in Economics, Accounting and Statistics, and achievement of at least a D grade in CIE Business Studies at AS level.
Other criteria for selection include:
- Recommendation of your Principal or Head of School A CV or portfolio providing evidence of your community involvement and leadership
- A 500 word essay based on insights gained from reflecting on a presentation, book or article by a leading business person
- An interview
Please note only a restricted number of places are available under this scheme.
To find out more about the Aspiration to Business admission scheme, contact your nearest Student Hubs.