Explore how you can get the most out of your career through hands-on workshops, and online tools and techniques offered by the University of Auckland Business School Alumni office.
Career development is the ongoing process of managing your life, learning and work. It involves developing the skills and knowledge that enable you to plan and make informed decisions about your education, training and career choices. Fostering an attitude of appreciation for lifelong learning is the key to workplace success and we want to help you with your journey.
EFMD Global Fairs
The University of Auckland Business School will participate in the EFMD Global Fairs, April 5-7 2022, as part of an exclusive network of top schools across the globe.
Do you want to work overseas? Join the Business School Virtual Global Fair
In the Global Fair virtual environment students and alumni can have real-time interaction, including one-to-one live chat, with recruiters from 100+ leading companies and organisations including Amazon, L’Oreal, Hertz, PwC, Accenture, Puma, SCJohnson, FedEx and Investment Managers.
This is an excellent opportunity to introduce yourself to potential employers, meet with the recruiters, gain knowledge of the international job market and, if you are ready, start applying to their international opportunities.
- Visit the virtual booth of the organisations
- Attend live webinars/presentations organised by the employers
- Live chat and interview with recruiters
Each day you will also be invited to participate in live CV Clinics and the online Digital Conference with top speakers on relevant Careers topics.
Follow these steps to register for the EFMD Global Virtual Fairs:
- Sign-up to the Auckland University Business School's GetHighered platform using your University email. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can't remember your university email.)
- If you already have an account, simply log in.
- You need to be a verified student or alum to access the full features on your account. If logged in using a different email and the platform requests a "school email", simply enter your school email for verification. There may be a delay in verification.
- After verification and successful login, you will see a "Virtual Events" option on the menu at the top of your screen. Click on "Virtual Events".
- After clicking on "Virtual Events", navigate to the event (2022 EFMD Global Fairs Powered by Highered) and click on "Register" to confirm your registration.
How to prepare;
- Highered recommend uploading your CV. Note that CVs in other countries can be different to what we have in NZ. An alternative is to add your LinkedIn url in the Executive Summary of your Profile.
- Follow Highered on social media to get more insights.
Each year, the Business School alumni team hosts career workshops for alumni and friends of the school. Presented by the Alumni Office and ASB Careers Centre, these professional development workshops will strengthen your competitive edge in the job market. In 2016 we began to film these workshop sessions so you can follow along at home and use these techniques and tips to develop your professional skills and career opportunities.
This video series from the University of Auckland Business School Alumni team explores how you can get the most out of your career.
Neuroscience of career decision-making
The Changing World of Work
Work-Life Balance and Mindfulness
Follow the links below to view our Career tips video series:
LinkedIn is the world's largest online professional network. When you join LinkedIn, you get access to people, jobs, news, updates and insights that will help shape and develop your career.
You don't stop learning when you stop being a full-time student. The University has many courses and programmes designed to allow you to enjoy learning at your own pace.
You can attend free seminars and events hosted by the Business School, or you can look into further learning opportunities such as a postgraduate degree, an MBA, or a course offered by Executive and Professional Development.
The Business School Careers Centre is also available to assist alumni with career advice and support. Visit the Careers Centre.
Career Development and Employment Services is also available to assist alumni up until three years after graduation. Visit the CDES website.
To find out where postgraduate study can take you and explore our postgraduate programmes, departments and subjects areas, visit Postgraduate programmes.
Executive and Professional Development
The Graduate School of Management (GSM) is home to programmes for aspiring and practising managers, and our coursework masters programmes.
From a two-day short course to a two-year Executive MBA, our programmes are designed to help you achieve your full potential as a leader or manager of your organisation. Alumni receive a 10% discount on short courses taken with Executive and Professional Development.
For more information, visit the Executive and Professional Development website.