Career and Industry Insights Programme
The Career and Industry Insights Programme connects first-year business students in their second semester with alumni working in business.
Through the Career and Industry Insights Programme, students can connect with alumni, visit their workplace, meet their colleagues, and find more about various roles, careers and industries.
How it works
- Alumni sign up to be matched with two first-year business students in their second semester.
- Alumni host the two students at their workplace for a couple of hours.
The workplace visit
- Chat to students about your career journey, your role, your organisation and your industry.
- Show the students around your workplace, introduce them to some of your colleagues.
- If appropriate, arrange for students to sit in on a business meeting or engage in some job shadowing.
- Talk about workplace culture, responsibilities and expectations.
- Arrange some informal meetings for the students with colleagues from different areas of your organisation, so they can learn about other parts of the business and different roles.
The next programme will run in Semester 2, 2020.
Tuesday 25 August 2020 (6–7.30pm)
Alumni and students meet at an informal launch and briefing session at the Business School.
On one day between 25 August and 28 September, alumni host the two students at their workplace for a couple of hours.
Monday 28 September 2020 (6–7.30pm)
Alumni and students get together again at the Business School for a low-key debrief, feedback and celebration event.
About the programme
- Alumni should have a minimum of five years’ industry experience and reside in Auckland.
- Your workplace should be based in or near the Auckland CBD if possible, or at least easily accessible from the University's City Campus.
- Alumni will need to host two students at their workplace.
- We cannot guarantee that we will be able to match you with our students.
- Deadline for alumni to apply is Friday 31 July 2020.
- If you have been successfully matched with two students, we will notify you by Friday 14 August 2020.
For any questions about the Career and Industry Insights Programme, please contact Natalie Newton: firstname.lastname@example.org