Career and Industry Insights Programme
The Business School is launching the Career and Industry Insights Programme in Semester Two 2019, connecting first-year business students with alumni working in business.
Through the Career and Industry Insights Programme, students can connect with alumni, visit their workplace, meet their colleagues, and find more about various roles, careers and industries.
How it works
- Alumni sign up to be matched with two first-year business students in their second semester.
- Alumni host the two students at their workplace for a couple of hours.
The workplace visit
- Chat to students about your career journey, your role, your organisation and your industry.
- Show the students around your workplace, introduce them to some of your colleagues.
- If appropriate, arrange for students to sit in on a business meeting or engage in some job shadowing.
- Talk about workplace culture, responsibilities and expectations.
- Arrange some informal meetings for the students with colleagues from different areas of your organisation, so they can learn about other parts of the business and different roles.
Monday 16 September (6–7.30pm)
Alumni and students meet at an informal launch and briefing session at the Business School.
Monday 16 September–Monday 7 October
Alumni host the two students at their workplace for a couple of hours on a suitable day.
Monday 7 October (6–7.30pm)
Alumni and students get together again at the Business School for a low-key debrief, feedback and celebration event.
About the programme
- Alumni should have a minimum of five years’ industry experience and reside in Auckland.
- Your workplace should be based in Auckland and easily accessible from the University's City Campus.
- Alumni will need to host two students at their workplace.
- We cannot guarantee that we will be able to match you with our students.
- Deadline for alumni to apply is Wednesday 31 July 2019.
- If you have been successfully matched with two students, we will notify you by Monday 26 August 2019.
For any questions about the Career and Industry Insights Programme, please contact Natalie Newton: email@example.com