Your presence at the Business School
We can help you build your brand awareness amongst business students, to attract applicants and convert them into outstanding recruits.
We hold a wide range of events on campus, from individual skills sessions to careers fairs and speed networking events for new and returning employers.
We can advise you on which event format may work best for you and your target audience. If you want to explore your options, please contact Simône Regan, Employer Liaison Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organise your own on campus event
We can host an employer presentation at the Business School to promote your organisation to our students. The presentation can be held during the day or in the evening. Evening presentations can also include a networking component after the formal presentation to allow our students to meet you and find out more about your organisation.
Hosting a presentation includes:
- Venue hire within the Business School, a lecture theatre for the presentation and a foyer area for networking based on availability
- Marketing the event to the relevant group of students
- An email to your chosen group of students about the event that can also include links to your website and current vacancies
- Management of attendance numbers through an event booking system
- A staff member present throughout the event
Deliver a skills session
Each February, the week before semester one begins, the Business School Careers Centre runs Summer Recruitment Skills Boot Camps. These boot camps run for two days, with five sessions on each day. Each session is presented by a different organisation. The topics focus on recruitment and include: CVs, cover letters and application forms; psychometric tests and assessment centres; interviews; video interviews; social media; what is a graduate programme. These sessions provide a great opportunity to meet motivated students looking to get a head start on their applications before semester begins the following week.
We are also happy for organisations to run skills sessions at other times of the year. This is an excellent way to connect with students on topics that will really support their development and future success in the workplace. Examples are cross- cultural competence; commercial awareness; professional expectations; dealing with conflict; business communication; leadership; managing risk; negotiation and influencing; and financial literacy. Student feedback shows that skills workshops are very popular.
Become a business case competition company or judge
The Business School delivers a comprehensive programme of case competitions in which business students compete nationally and internationally.
Our Case Competition Development Programme is the ultimate goal for many of the 700 students who participate in the Internal Case Competition. Graduates of the development process are highly sought after candidates by recruiters both here and in Australia.
Attend the Business School Majors Expo
The Business School Majors Expo is a multi-employer event designed to help you connect with students.
This event provides employers with opportunities to:
- Raise the profile of your organisation
- Promote graduate positions, internships and other opportunities
- Meet our students and recent graduates face-to-face
- Help students discover career paths they may not have otherwise known about or considered
Host interviews and drop-in sessions on campus
A number of meeting rooms are available in the School that are suitable for holding interviews, mock-interviews, and one-to-one drop-in sessions.
Become a sponsor
The Business School offers students a range of personal development and social activities that complement their studies. Many of these activities focus on developing the portfolio of skills, experiences and attributes that employers seek.
Each of the events has a different focus; some are just about having fun and developing students’ personal networks, while others have a clear focus on developing students’ employability skills.
Supporting student development activities has significant benefits for sponsors:
- Identifying and establishing relationships with the top talent
- Raising awareness of your brand with Business School students
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Providing an opportunity to give back to the Business School and enhance the student experience
The cost of sponsoring each activity is weighted in accordance with the scale of the event, its profile, the number of students likely to participate and the level of engagement the sponsor will enjoy.