Māori and Pacific admission scheme (MOPAS)
If you are of Māori or Pacific descent, our admission scheme may help you achieve your study goals.
MOPAS is a special scheme for students who are of Māori or Pacific descent. You may be a school leaver or you may have been in the work force and have few academic qualifications.
To be eligible, you must:
- Not have a university entrance qualification
- Be 20 years of age or over before the first day of the semester
- Be either a New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident
If you meet one of the following criteria, you will be guaranteed a place in the MOPAS scheme:
- NCEA rank score ≥ 140 points with at least 14 credits in each of three subjects from Table A or B, or 14 credits in each of two subjects from Table A and B plus at least 10 achievement standard credits in Level 3 Statistics and Modelling or Mathematics with Calculus, or
- CIE rank score ≥ 140 points with at least a C grade in each of three subjects from Table A or B, or a C grade in each of two subjects from Table A and B plus at least a D grade in Mathematics, or
- International Baccalaureate ≥ 25
Other shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview and may be asked to write a short essay.
The selection panel will assess your academic background, capability and motivation and take into account community involvement and evidence of leadership. If you wish to be considered for admission under this scheme, you must tick the appropriate box in the electronic Application for Admission form.
For more information, visit the Business Student Centre.
To learn about the facilities and support available at the Business School for Māori and Pacific students, including He Tuākana tutoring and mentoring programme and our Māori and Pacific student clubs, visit Māori and Pacific at the faculty.
For more information on entry requirements including required subjects, view our Entry requirements.