Māori and Pacific admission scheme (MOPAS)
If you are of Māori or Pacific descent, our admission scheme may help you achieve your study goals.
MOPAS is a special scheme for students who are of Māori or Pacific descent. You may be a school leaver or you may have been in the work force and have few academic qualifications.
To be eligible, you must:
- Not have a university entrance qualification
- Be 20 years of age or over before the first day of the semester
- Be either a New Zealand citizen or a Permanent Resident
If you meet one of the following criteria, you will be guaranteed a place in the MOPAS scheme:
- NCEA rank score ≥ 140 points with at least 10 achievement standard credits in Level 3 Mathematics, Calculus or Statistics
- CIE rank score ≥ 130 points with at least a D grade in Mathematics
- International Baccalaureate ≥ 25
Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
The selection panel will assess your academic background, capability and motivation and take into account community involvement and evidence of leadership. If you wish to be considered for admission under this scheme, you must tick the appropriate box in the online application.
For more information, visit your nearest Student Hubs.
To learn about the facilities and support available at the Business School for Māori and Pacific students, including He Tuākana tutoring and mentoring programme and our Māori and Pacific student clubs, visit Māori and Pacific at the faculty.
For more information on entry requirements including required subjects, view our Entry requirements.