Why study business?
Are you thinking about studying Business? New Zealand’s leading Business School is a great choice to get your career off to the best start.
Business turns ideas into financial, social and environmental benefits that can improve the quality of life of individuals and entire societies. That’s why studying Business matters. By creating better models and processes, fits between people and tasks, and improving regulations and policies we can build a bridge to a better world.
A choice of majors for your choice of careers
- Choose from 12 BCom majors, covering every aspect of the business world, and a specialist degree in Property.
- Whatever your interest, our majors give you the best possible start for a career in that field.
- Double majors give you the chance to pair different interests, increasing your knowledge and career options.
- Our flexible first year gives you a taste of all our majors before you make your choice of major.
The best just got better
Experience our new, innovative first year in business programme, designed to prepare you to be work-ready and future ready, with the skills and knowledge today’s employers are looking for.
The new business core is the closest learning experience you will get to the real world of business. You’ll get hands-on as you tackle real business challenges and see what it’s like to work in different roles in a range of sectors and organisations.
- Gain the skills and knowledge you’ll need in the future
- Real-world case studies
- Develop in-demand, applied skills
- Innovative, interactive workshops that mix disciplines
Two Auckland campuses
You can choose to take your first-year core in the iconic Sir Owen G Glenn Building on the City Campus or at our new, friendly and supportive campus in Manukau – Te Papa Ako o Tai Tonga.
You can take all of your first-year core on either campus or mix it up - taking some
courses in South Auckland and some in the City.
Globally recognised reputation
A degree from New Zealand’s leading Business School means your quality education will be recognised by employers around the world.
In the 2021 QS World University Rankings we ranked as the best university in New Zealand to study:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Commercial Law
- Information Systems
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
We also ranked in the world’s top 100 for:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management Studies
- Economics and Econometrics
- Law and Legal Studies
- Architecture (Built Environment)
- Statistics and Operations Research
Triple Crown accreditation
The Business School is in the top 1% of the world’s business schools that hold the coveted Triple Crown accreditation. It is an assurance of the highest academic standards and offers global credibility and recognition.
- Our students are highly sought after by employers in New Zealand and internationally, with 89% of our graduates finding jobs within a year of graduating*
- Ranked first in New Zealand and 68th worldwide for Graduate Employability in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022
- Number 1 in New Zealand and 81st worldwide for delivering work-ready graduates in the Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking 2020
*University of Auckland Graduate Destination Survey 2020.
Career opportunities and support
- The skills you gain at the Business School can be used in almost any industry, whether you are beginning a career in a chosen field or starting up your own business.
- Strong industry connections and year-round networking events allow you to prepare for your first big career move while studying.
- We are the only Business School in the country with a dedicated careers centre, who are here to offer you advice and guidance on the course and career that fits you best.
A wide range of scholarships
The University offers hundreds of scholarships each year.
It pays to explore what scholarships you may be eligible for, whatever your background.