Why study business?
Are you thinking about studying Business? New Zealand’s leading Business School is a great choice to get your career off to the best start.
Business is everywhere, from environmental groups, your favourite sneaker brand or the apps on your phone.
Business turns ideas into financial, social and environmental benefits that can improve the quality of life of individuals and entire societies. That’s why studying Business matters. By creating better models and processes, fits between people and tasks, and improving regulations and policies we can build a bridge to a better world.
A choice of majors for your choice of careers
- We offer a choice of 12 BCom majors, covering every aspect of the business world.
- Whatever your interest, our majors give you the best possible start for a career in that field.
- Double majors give you the chance to pair different interests, increasing your knowledge and career options.
- Our flexible first year gives you a taste of all our majors before you make a decision.
- Explore our majors and careers.
The best is about to get better
Starting in 2021, our courses are becoming more integrated to give a greater understanding of how the different disciplines come together in real-world scenarios and what areas you want to focus on.
There will also be a greater focus on:
- Gaining the skills and knowledge you’ll need in the future
- Real-world case studies
- Applied skills
- Innovative workshops that mix disciplines
Globally recognised reputation
A degree from New Zealand’s leading Business School means your quality education will be recognised by employers around the world.
In the 2020 QS World University Rankings we ranked as the best university in New Zealand to study:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Commercial Law
- Information Systems
We also ranked in the world’s top 100 for:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management Studies
- Economics and Econometrics
Triple Crown accreditation
The Business School is in the top 1% of the world’s business schools that hold the coveted Triple Crown accreditation. It is an assurance of the highest academic standards and offers global credibility and recognition.
- Our students are highly sought after by employers in New Zealand and internationally, with 90% of our graduates finding jobs within a year of graduating.*
- Ranked first in New Zealand and 59th worldwide for Graduate Employability in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- One of the top 150 universities worldwide for delivering work-ready graduates in the Times Higher Education Global University Employability Ranking 2019
*University of Auckland Graduate Destination Survey 2019.
Career opportunities and support
- The skills you gain at the Business School can be used in almost any industry, whether you are beginning a career in a chosen field or starting up your own business.
- Strong industry connections and year-round networking events allow you to prepare for your first big career move while studying.
- We are the only Business School in the country with a dedicated careers centre, who are here to offer you advice and guidance on the course and career that fits you best.
A wide range of scholarships
The University offers hundreds of scholarships each year.
It pays to explore what scholarships you may be eligible for, whatever your background.