Find out about our research capabilities in international trade, and who to contact for further details.
Research in international trade and development is concerned with theoretical and policy-based analysis of global and regional trade developments, the role of trade in New Zealand and other national economies, and the process of economic development.
Research in these areas encompasses the following domains:
- Determinants and dynamics of international trade and investment flows
- Short- and long-run effects of trade and investment liberalisation on welfare and other economic variables
- International trade and economic development
- International trade institutions and agreements, trade policy analysis, regional economic integration, and regional and global patterns of trade and investment
- Growth and development policies in developing economies
- Theoretical analysis of legal and institutional issues (including corruption) in developing economies