Innovative Learning and Teaching (ILT) promotes and advances the endeavour of learning and teaching within the University of Auckland Business School.
In support of the Business School's strategic plan and ambitions for its staff and students, ILT provides essential resources and support to enable our teaching faculty to:
- Provide engaging, effective and efficient learning opportunities for all our students
- Co-develop and share cutting-edge educational practices
- Adopt new technologies and pedagogies
- Evaluate and develop professional practice
- Access professional development and fellowship opportunities
- Provide relevant and impactful learning opportunities that deliver the promise of our graduate profiles and prepare our students for successful futures
Learning, curriculum and instructional design
Learning, curriculum and instructional design are new concepts to many but are becoming increasingly important. We can collaborate with academic staff to help develop engaging learning experiences.
We can assist with:
- Re-designing courses to improve student outcomes
- Assessment design
- Designing face-to-face, blended and online courses
- Embedding Graduate Profile attributes and developing soft skills
- Developing authentic and experiential learning activities
- Curriculum Mapping and programme development
The learning and teaching page on LINK provides a number of resources for academic staff.
ILT can provide Business School staff with advice on integrating and using learning technologies. We can assist with:
- Canvas support and training
- Streamlining assessment through the use of online tools such as Crowdmark, Canvas Quizzes, Speedgrader, Grademark and Questionmark
- Advising on a range of tools for collecting student responses
- Supporting academic staff in implementing a flipped learning environment
- Integrating technologies into courses to enrich learning experiences and improve staff workflows
One Button Studio
One Button Studio is a self-service video recording tool, providing you with an opportunity to focus on the presentation and not the technology.
Visit the University of Auckland Educational Technology Hub for more information.
Connect with us
For more information on any aspect of what we do, take a look at our learning and teaching blog, follow us on social media, sign up for invitations to our peer and teaching development events or contact us.
View a showcase of our work at Snapshots.
Subscribe to our mailing list here.