Golf Business Mentoring Programme
The programme runs from Sunday 25 August to Sunday 15 September 2019.
Mentor future business leaders while playing a round of golf
In conjunction with New Zealand Golf, the University of Auckland Business School has created a programme that pairs business mentors with business students for a round of golf. We are currently seeking expressions of interest from leading business people who would like to be mentors. As a mentor, the only commitment is a Sunday afternoon to play 9 holes of golf with 3 promising business students.
Being able to play golf has always been an advantage in the business world – making connections, getting time with decision makers, and networking. So, to recruit the next generation of players to the game, New Zealand Golf is highlighting the important life and business skills the game has to offer.
Benefits to mentors
- This is a way to help the game we love. Bringing young people into golf is crucial for the future of our clubs.
- You’ll meet some of New Zealand’s most promising business students.
- It will be a great networking opportunity for you.
- Mentor involvement in the course begins Sunday 25 August.
- The course is 4 weeks, 3-6.30pm Sunday, but you would only need to be available for one of those Sundays (Sunday 25 August, 1 September, 8 September or 15 September).
- Each week students will meet their mentors at Remuera Golf Course to play a game of golf.
- The play will be ‘Ambrose’ to keep things moving smoothly and quickly.
- While playing, we would like the mentor to chat to the students about a certain topic that is beneficial to them as business students.
- The topics will range from ‘interview tips’ to ‘building your personal brand.’
- We can provide the topic and conversation starters for you.
The deadline to apply is Friday 2 August 2019.