Information for employers
Learn more about sponsoring an MBA student and the benefits for your organisation.
Attracting and retaining top-level talent is a key concern for organisations both here in New Zealand and around the globe.
Employers of our MBA students tell us there is no question these individuals add value to the business. Our programme attracts experienced working professionals with significant business records. They are motivated to challenge their thinking, gain new business tools, strengthen their business networks and enhance their decision-making.
Employers can expect MBA graduates to*:
- Have a holistic view of all business functions and processes and a strong overview of international business strategy
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and interact with groups and individuals at all levels
- Apply strategic management skills at a senior level in changing business environments
- Transform organisations through strategic leadership, intellectual rigour and professional ethical values
- Bring the latest business thinking to an organisation
*According to the Association of MBAs (AMBA), the global accreditation authority.
2022 MBA Employer Guide. Size: 732.2 kB.
Document Description: Read our guide for more information about sponsoring a candidate
Experience the MBA
We run a series of exciting events throughout the year designed to give you and your candidate the opportunity to learn more about the programme and get a taste of what the MBA experience is like.
- Discover | MBA Information Session | Online
Learn more about our course content, programme structure, employability opportunities and how the MBA can benefit both your candidate and your business
- Explore | MBA Taster Session | Online
Meet academics teaching on the MBA, participate in a real-world MBA case study and hear from current students
- Connect | MBA Industry Engagement | In person
Glean insights, experiences and tips from a leader of industry over coffee
- Innovate | Industry Engagement, Panel Discussion | Online and in person
Hear from a revolving panel of business leaders, industry figures and Business School academics about a variety of timely topics
All events are free to attend. To find out more, please visit our MBA events and information sessions page.
You are also welcome to organise your own visit to campus to find out more about the MBA. To do so, please contact our Professional Programmes team.
For more information about MBA study and to discuss how to invest in your top talent, please contact our Professional Programmes team.
Telephone: 0800 61 62 63