Our vision and goals
The Liggins Institute’s vision is 'a healthy start for a healthy life'. Our mission is to improve lifelong health through excellent research into the long-term consequences of early life events.
- Research excellence and relevance
- Advocacy for research
- Multidisciplinary collaboration
- Collegiality, respect and honesty
- Effective communication and translation of research findings
- Valued and well-supported staff and students
We are a world-leading centre of research excellence in the fields of fetal and child health, nutrition, development, epigenetics and implementation science. We aim to:
- Continuously increase our output of excellent, relevant research.
- Effectively communicate and translate research findings and their relevance to key stakeholders that include the scientific and clinical community, politicians, policy makers and science leaders locally and internationally.
- Develop and strengthen local and international research partnerships with clinical, nutritional, agricultural and community sectors to broaden research skills and enhance research opportunities and impact.
- Grow and diversify research revenue to achieve the Institute’s mission.
- Attract, develop and support excellent staff, both academic and professional.
- Attract, develop, support and value our cohort of excellent postgraduate students.
- Develop and support facilities and equipment required for world-class research in areas related to our mission.