We appreciate the significant funding support we receive from a number of charitable trusts and private benefactors. Typically these fund specific research projects and the funding is spread over several years.
We acknowledge the support received in recent years from:
- Hugo Charitable Trust
For a research cluster comprising a research fellow and two PhD students.
- Breast Cancer Research Trust
For a large programme developing new strategies to treat breast cancer.
- Kelliher Charitable Trust
Research Innovation Awards and research projects for our young scientists.
- Sir John Logan Campbell Residuary Estate
Assisted with the capital development of the Sir John Logan Campbell Classroom at the Liggins Institute and contributes to the operation of the LENScience programme based in the Classroom.
- Jubilee Crippled Children Foundation Trust
Supports development of an innovative new treatment for adolescents with cerebral palsy.
- Lion Foundation
Assisted with the capital development of the Sir John Logan Campbell Classroom and has supported maternal and fetal nutrition research.
- Auckland Medical Research Foundation
Supports clinical research projects, fellowships and travel grants.
- Douglas Charitable Trust
Supports the Sir Graeme and Lady Douglas Research Fellowship.
- David Levene Foundation
Supports various research projects.
- HB Williams Turanga Trust
Supports research into the effects of environental toxins on fetal development.
- Gus Fisher Estate
Supports research into Parkinson Disease
- The individual benefactors whose generous and substantial gifts fund postgraduate scholarships and support clinical and biomedical research projects.