Find out how to keep in touch once you leave the University, and how you can support our cutting edge research and community initiatives.
Keep in touch
If you are a former student or staff member we would like to keep in touch once you leave the University of Auckland.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so we can add you to our monthly e-newsletter distribution list and keep you updated with news and events:
- Name (include any other names you may have used at the University)
- Email address
- Dates when you were associated with the school
- CPD topics of interest
You can find past news stories at sovs-newsletter.blogs.auckland.ac.nz/.
Support our research
Our staff conduct world-leading research spanning a range of issues - find out more at www.visionresearch.auckland.ac.nz. There is a particular focus currently on four high priority issues:
- School screening – enabling early detection of correctable issues
- Myopia research – by 2050, 50% of the population will be myopic and this is now one of the leading causes of blindness in the developed world
- Vision and neurological conditions – eg using children’s eye movement to diagnose autism spectrum disorder, imaging nerves within the eye to diagnose Alzheimer’s disease
- Macular degeneration – 40% of people aged 50+ will develop age-related macular degeneration; early detection is critical as treatment can slow the disease but cannot restore sight
If you would like to donate to support the cutting-edge research taking place and the community programmes' initiatives based on the research, see www.giving.auckland.ac.nz/eye.