Equity in our faculty
Our aim is to make our faculty as inclusive and equitable as possible for all staff and students, regardless of gender, race, sexuality or disability.
Message from the Associate Dean (Equity)
Welcome from the Associate Dean (Equity), Associate Professor Trecia Wouldes, and the Equity Committee of the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences!
Our Equity Committee works to ensure that our faculty is a fair and inclusive place to work and study and a place where diversity is celebrated. We develop, promote and monitor strategies within our faculty and within the equity community across the University to provide equal opportunities as well as work and study environments where everyone has a chance to reach their potential.
The Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences and the equity committee recognises Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi as our foundational document, and the status of Māori as tangata whenua.
The diverse members of our committee, staff and students, bring a unique and important perspective to achieving equity within our faculty.
Equity information and services
Below are some resources and further information about some of the equity services on offer throughout the University.
- Undergraduate Targeted Admission Schemes (UTAS) - Information including the University’s UTAS policy, guidelines, entry requirements, people to contact and FAQs.
- Māori and Pacific Admission Scheme (MAPAS) - Find out about MAPAS - a supportive environment and structure where students, their whānau and staff accept a commitment to academic achievement within a Māori or Pacific context.
- Parents at our faculty - More information on parenting support and childcare for University staff and students.
- Students with disabilities - Information to assist prospective students with a disability who are interested in applying to one or more of the faculty's programmes.
- LGBTI students and staff - The University offers a range of initiatives aimed at providing support for LGBTI students and staff.
General and staff enquiries
Associate Professor Trecia Wouldes
Phone: +64 (0) 9 923 6221
Students with disabilities
Student Academic Services and Engagement Manager
Phone: +64 9 923 6516
Māori and Pacific student enquiries
Student Support Adviser
Phone: +64 (0) 9 923 4539
FMHS Equity Committee enquiries