Volunteers needed for Long Covid, ME/CFS and Covid-19 research
Our research study will investigate Covid-19 immunity and post-viral conditions.
Study title: Immunity and Molecular studies of SARS-CoV-2 infection, post-viral conditions and COVID-19 vaccination
Researchers at The Universities of Auckland and Otago are currently recruiting for a study to investigate immune and molecular markers following COVID-19 (healthy controls and Long COVID) and COVID-19 vaccination.
These studies will aim to investigate immune dysregulation and long-term immunity, while also investigating the relationship of Long COVID to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS).
- Fill out a short screening questionnaire to confirm eligibility
- We will request 10-70ml (maximum) of blood to be taken from you
- If you are interested, we will also ask you to provide regular samples for our studies
- All information collected about you during the course of the research will be kept strictly confidential. Your donation will be de-identified for use in our research projects.
Consenting adults (16 and over) who meet one of the following criteria:
1. Had COVID-19
2. Have suspected or confirmed Long COVID
3. Have ME/CFS (either uninfected or previous COVID infection)
4. Participants who identify as ‘in good health’ (either uninfected or previous infection)
MUST BE free from acute infections, eg. not have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Diagnosed with a terminal illness
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Presenting with any acute cold or flu-like symptoms
Statement of ethics approval
Approved by the Health and Disability Ethics Committee in October 2021.
Reference number: 2021 EXP 10976