Depression Database: Are you interested in being a participant for research on depression?
Do you have a mental health condition, or are healthy and simply looking for a way to do your bit to help those with mental health issues? We are inviting people interested in participating to join our database which we will use as our first point of recruitment.
Who we are
We are a team of researchers at the University of Auckland who have various studies set to begin over the coming years, as well as intentions to continue our research on depression/mental health for many years to come.
Our researchers are: Dr Suresh Muthukumaraswamy, Dr Joanne Lin, Dr Nicholas Hoeh, Dr Rachael Sumner, Dr Amy Chan, Dr Frederick Sundram, Dr Venkat Krishnamurthy and PhD candidate Stephanie Glover.
- Providing general contact and demographic information.
- Filling out a short questionnaire about your mental and overall health.
- Being contacted when you may fit the criteria of a new study.
- Being contacted once a year about whether you would like to stay on the database or not.
- Anybody with depression, or a
history of depression. It does not
have to be diagnosed.
- Anybody with other mental health conditions.
- Healthy volunteers.
- Age 18 and over.
- You do not need to live in Auckland to join. However, all in-person trials will be based in Auckland.
Approved by the Auckland Health Research Ethics Committee for six years on 23/12/21. Reference number AH23223.