Join us as a Science Ambassador
Science Ambassadors engage and connect with fellow first-year science students.
Meet your 2022 Science Ambassadors and stay connected on the Science Ambassadors Programme Facebook page.
Science Ambassadors work collaboratively with Science Ambassadors Leaders and Student Experience Advisers to create a vibrant and exciting student experience, with a particular focus to help fellow first-year science students with their social transition to university.
- Assisting the Science Ambassador Leaders with programme promotion
- Gathering student experience feedback to help improve the programme
- Maintaining an environment that is supportive of satisfactory student experience and successful academic achievement
- Maintaining an environment that is inclusive of participants’ diverse backgrounds
- Liaising with course coordinators and class representatives to promote the programme
- Participating in evaluation processes
- Communicating with Student Engagement Advisers over any issues or concerns
Benefits of being a Science Ambassador
- Developing communication and teamwork skills
- Gaining valuable volunteer experience to enhance your CV
- Engaging and connecting with fellow first-year science students
- Recommendation letter at the end of the year
- Involvement in the Co-Curricular Recognition Programme
- Attend training & team building day on Saturday 19 March at Vaughan Park (bus shuttle between city campus and Vaughan Park available)
- Helping at various academic and social engagement events
- Being proactive and updated about events, university services, and clubs
- Expected total volunteering time (including training) is 40 hours throughout the year