Join us as a Science Ambassador
Engage and connect with your first-year science peers as an ambassador.
Science Ambassadors work with leaders and advisers to enrich the student experience. Their primary focus is to help first-year students to settle in socially.
- Assist the leaders to promote the programme, liasing with course coordinators and student representatives.
- Maintain an environment that nurtures a positive student experience and academic achievement.
- Foster an environment that is inclusive of diverse backgrounds.
- Gather student experience feedback and participate in evaluations to help improve the programme.
- Communicate any issues or concerns with Student Engagement Advisers.
Benefits of being a Science Ambassador
- Develop your communication and teamwork skills.
- Add volunteer experience to your CV.
- Engage and connect with fellow first-year science students.
- Receive a letter of recommendation at the end of the year.
- Get involved in the Co-Curricular Recognition Programme
- Attend training and team building day on Saturday 16 March 2024 at the City Campus.
- Help at academic and social engagement events.
- Be aware of and up to date about events, university services, and clubs.
- Commit to 40 hours of volunteering (including training) throughout the year.
Questions about the programme?
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about the Science Ambassadors Programme.