Graduate teaching assistants - expressions of interest invited
The Faculty of Science invites expressions of interest from postgraduate students for Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) and Teaching Assistant (TA) positions.
The following guidelines apply
- We are unable to guarantee employment until enrolments are finalised.
- GTAs supplement the teaching of permanent lecturers. They are expected to be a graduate and will normally be enrolled for a postgraduate qualification at the University, or will have finished their degree and be working for the remainder of the semester.
- Positions are fixed-term and part-time. The priority is usually given to current graduate students.
- The number of tutorial groups offered in any given course depends on enrolment numbers.
- Students in receipt of a scholarship must comply with the relevant scholarship regulations. In the event of a scholarship being awarded after the appointment date, the appointee must inform the Head of Disciplinary Area and the Scholarships Office.
- PhD and Research MA students must consult their supervisor(s) about their interest in tutoring.
If you are interested in a role, please submit an expression of interest using the relevant links below. These forms can only be accessed and completed by students with a current University logon.