Graduate teaching assistant opportunity
The Faculty of Science invites expressions of interest from postgraduate students for Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) positions in 2020. Apply now.
The following guidelines apply
- We are unable to guarantee employment until enrolments are finalised.
- GTAs supplement the teaching of permanent lecturers. They are expected to be a graduate and will normally be enrolled for a postgraduate qualification at the University, or will have finished their degree and be working for the remainder of the semester.
- Positions are fixed-term and part-time. The priority is usually given to current graduate students.
- The number of tutorial groups offered in any given course depends on enrolment numbers.
- Students in receipt of a scholarship must comply with the relevant scholarship regulations. In the event of a scholarship being awarded after the appointment date, the appointee must inform the Head of Disciplinary Area and the Scholarships Office.
- PhD and Research MA students must consult their supervisor(s) about their interest in tutoring.
If you are interested in a GTA role for 2020, please submit an expression of interest using the relevant links below.These forms can only be accessed and completed by students with a current University logon.
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Computer Science
- School of Environment
- Department of Exercise Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics | If you are already logged into a non-UoA Google account, please copy and paste the link into a new browser.
- School of Psychology
- Department of Statistics | Teaching Assistant positions include markers, lab demonstrators and assistance room tutors. The minimum requirements for these positions are generally to have completed study to at least stage 2 in Statistics with a minimum of A- grades. Preference is given to good students who are continuing their studies in Statistics.