Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences in Palliative Care
The Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences (PGCertHSc), specialising in Palliative Care is offered to doctors, nurses and other health professionals working in this area.
Students are required to enrol in following courses:
- POPLHLTH 746 - Ethics Culture and Societal Approaches to Death (15 Points)
- POPLPRAC 722 - Symptom Management in Palliative Care (15 Points)
- POPLPRAC 720 - Psychosocial issues in Palliative Care (15 Points)
Plus 15 points from:
- POPLPRAC 723 - Advanced Symptom Management in Palliative Care (15 Points)
- POPLPRAC 724 - Child and Adolescent Palliative Care (15 points)
Family Support Practitioners (counsellors, social workers) will substitute POPLPRAC 722 and POPLPRAC 723 with:
These courses are for clinicians working within palliative care. For some clinicians who wish to enrol, an automatic response may indicate that the class is full. In this case, please scroll down and apply for a concession, which will be reviewed for enrolment in this course.
New students: to ensure you enrol on time, please visit our step-by-step guide to applications, admission, and enrolment.
Detailed information on admission criteria, programme structure and content, and the schedule of courses can be found in the University's Calendar Regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences.
Ruth Choi Lee
Phone: +64 9 923 2608