Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences in Youth Health
The Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences (PGCertHSc) specialising in Youth Health offers opportunities for students who wish to progress to leadership roles in youth health in such areas as planning and policy, clinical practice and programme leadership.
Students must enrol in and complete 45 points from the following courses:
- NURSING 773 - Advanced Assessment and Clinical Reasoning (30 Points)
- PAEDS 710 - Clinical Care of Gender Diverse Youth (15 Points)
- PAEDS 712 - Youth Health Clinical Skills (15 Points)
- PAEDS 719 - Health, Education and Youth Development (15 Points)
- PAEDS 721 - Clinical Care of Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer (15 Points)
- POPLHLTH 732 - Population Youth Health (15 Points)
- PROFCOUN 700 - Counselling in Youth Mentoring (15 Points)
- POPLPRAC 754 - Infant, Child and Adolescent Primary Mental Health (15 Points)
New students: to ensure you enrol on time, please visit our step-by-step guide to applications, admission, and enrolment.
Detailed information on admission criteria, programme structure and content, and the schedule of courses can be found in the University Calendar regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences. These should also be read in conjunction with the University's General Regulations - Postgraduate Certificates.
Dr Bridget Farrant
Senior Lecturer - Medical
Phone: +64 (0) 9 373 7599