SBS Equity Committee
Discover what we do, how we can help you and how you can connect with us.
We recognise Māori as tangata whenua with distinct status under Te Tiriti o Waitangi , and support Māori staff and students alongside the SBS Pūtaiao Committee.
We also support University of Auckland equity and underrepresented groups, including:
- Pasifika students and staff
- LGBTQITakatāpui+ students and staff
- Students and staff of refugee background
- Disabled students and staff
- Parents and carers
- Women, men or gender-diverse people where there are barriers to access and success
- Part-time and casual contract workers
We can help you with:
- Links to support group networks including Rainbow, Refugee, Parenting and Women in Science groups.
- Parental leave, promotions and grant applications.
- Inclusive approaches to research and teaching.
- Advice on accessing the university’s support services for students and staff.
- Incidents or equity-related issues that affect your study or work in SBS.
- Support for students and staff facing mental health challenges
- Accessing University of Auckland data, policies, and processes related to equity and inclusiveness
Contact the SBS equity committee, or any individual committee member, for confidential support or with your ideas for equity improvements in SBS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jessie Jacobsen: Co-chair. Students from refugee backgrounds; Parenting network. email@example.com
Esther Bulloch: Co-chair. Equitable recruiting processes. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cam Hoffbeck: Postgraduate student representative. email@example.com
Diana Borse: Postgraduate student representative. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenn Jury: Student support. email@example.com
Steph Stuteley: Postgraduate student representative. firstname.lastname@example.org
James Brock: Rainbow network. email@example.com
Nathan Deed: Technical staff representative. firstname.lastname@example.org
Florian Pichlmueller: Research Fellow representative; Parenting network. email@example.com
Anne Gaskett: Academic promotions; Equity data, policies and processes. firstname.lastname@example.org
Farhad Farhadi: Technical staff representative. email@example.com
Inken Kelch: Research Fellow representative. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivana Sequeira: Early career academic staff. email@example.com