Enrolling in postgraduate courses
To get started in your postgraduate courses, you'll need to enrol.
How to enrol
Once you have accepted your offer and are active in your programme, you will be able to enrol yourself into courses using Student Services Online.
Before you enrol, be sure to view the programme requirements in the subject pages. You may need to consult with your Postgraduate Advisor to confirm course details or review specific information before enrolling.
Course points and duration
- Postgraduate courses in the Faculty of Science may be 15, 30, 45 or 60 points.
- 30 point courses can also be offered as full year (A and B) courses over two semesters.
- A full time course load is 60 points per semester, or 120 points per academic year.
Student Services Online lets you apply for concessions online as part of the enrolment process. You should only apply for a concession as a last resort, after you have considered other options. Your request for a concession will be considered by both your discipline and the faculty. Your enrolment is subject to approval.
You can apply for a concession for the following reasons:
- Request to enrol into a course which is not listed in your programme's schedule
- Request to enrol into a master’s thesis, research portfolio or dissertation. Please ensure you have secured a topic and supervision before submitting a concession request.
- Request to enrol into an individually assessed course such as a special topic, internship courses or directed study.
Concession requests must be submitted by the end of the first week of semester.
Part-time study is a student workload of 50 or fewer points per semester. If you wish to study part-time, you can simply enrol in a part time course load. If you are studying part-time, you will have longer to complete your degree but are still be subject to specified completion time-frames.
Not all programmes allow for part-time study. Please check the relevant programme page to confirm if part time study is available.
Please note that Studylink has a different definition of full time and part-time status.